transvestite

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm Baaaaa-aaack

Hi Girlies and thankls for the new years wishes, a big happy new year to everyone. What a trip, jungle, insects, leeches (ugh, took one to bed with me, found it in the middle of the night), underground rockfalls and getting hammered on the natives moonshine (damn it was tasty). The natives taught us traditional dancing, we taught them the Macarrena and Oops Upside Ya Head, a fair swap I reckon.

Lots of falling asleep to the sounds of sicadas damn they are loud, lots of treking and climbing, and two days of caving where I ended up battered and bruised from a rockfall. BIG spiders everywhere and lots of cute lizards.

First thing I did when I got back? showerd (I stank!!!!) washed my clothes, shaved my legs and plucked my eyebrows - ahhhh thats better 2 weeks without moisturiser - that is the hell that is the jungle :).

Did you know the Headhunters of Borneo were still active in world war 2? the Japanese invaded and bands of maurading Iban tribesmen used to regularly take heads from them, then a British commando parachuted in to organise the resistance and merrily encouraged them to carry on collecting heads. Fascinating stuff.

You meet such interesting people on these trips, didn't feel the need to confess to being a tranny tho one girl did say 'you're quite wierd aren't you?' 'Oh yes' I answered. Lots of people who are living a life instead of chasing a wage, gave me food for thought.

OK back to loads of email, hope you all had a great break.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Welcome back...! and yay for the new space.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gill, welcome back and welcome to "proper blogging". ;-)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:18 AM  
Blogger steph_angel said...

Ooooooh get you with your propper blog...

Welcome back :-)

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home