transvestite

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Formative years

Just made a posting on a forum that made me wonder 'how many tranny things can I remember from childhood?'

So in order as I can recall them
Earliest memory not sure what age
Fascinated by the satiny trim on the bedspread, played with it a lot at night just for the feel of it

7 ish
Had to wear a pair of big sis pants as we'd been packed off to grans for the weekend and mum didn't pack mine. I remember I had to even chose which pair, I was mortified and went for the plainest pair, nothing fancy just cotton but I remember the rejected pair had a trim. I just remember being deeply embarassed and horrified.

7-8
The boy downstairs stole my sisters favourite doll and wouldn't give it back till the girls let him dress in one of mums old slips from the dressing up box, they let him and I was fascinated. I wore one later and liked it.

8ish
Wore sisters nightdress 'for a laugh' and jumped out from behind the sofa 'surprise!!' that was when I learned that boys don't do that.

Heck these are coming back to me as I type!!

8-9
Big sis had her first bra and somehow I ended up wearing it when a cousin came round to visit, they told someone I'd worn it and I was very embarassed, I can't recall whose idea it was to wear it.

Next few years I remember lots of sneaking around when I had the house to myself (as kids we were used to the parents nipping into the next door flat for tea) and raiding big sis wardrobe and being fascinated by a ruched top that was tight instead of the baggy t-shirts I wore

10 ish (but I don't even have a raquet! - Thank you Mr Connery)
In a school play, the female teacher said we had to wear makeup, I was never really sure why as I was playing a male part so she made me up even tho she was quite butch and never wore makeup, I went to look at myself in the toilets and was horrified, I washed it all off before going on stage.

11 ish
Joined the local boys club and had to go to Sunday school in my best clothes; the trousers were an itchy living hell, I remember sitting there on a hot day being sweaty with my trousers jagging me. Mum suggested a pair of big sis tights - heaven!! I couldn't feel any discomfort from the rough trousers (hmmmm bet that ones significant). I loved sunday school from them on.

Also 11
Got picked to play cinderella in the boys club play, oh yeah I wanted to do it, but acted upset to get out of it in case anyone realised I was into it.

12-13
Couple of times I remember mum and big sis trying to get me to let them dress me up as a girl, I never let them, too scared they'd suss me. I often wonder if mum knew and was trying to let me express it.

Think thats it, is there a psychologist in the house?

--------------
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescis
You don't know the power of the dark side.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that one about the boy downstairs

"Give me women's clothes or you'll never see your doll again!"

I wonder what he did when he grew up.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I was wondering that myself Kate, MP I reckon.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Crikey you've got a good memory Gillian.

I've similar memories but I've no idea of what age I was at all, the best I can do is place them in relation to various milestones in my very young life, "before Susan Lomax taught me how to tie my shoe laces" (bless her), "before I could tell the time" etc.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when your Latin phrases are Star Wars.

I have several of these revelations too. I was in the school Christmas play every year from K to 6th grade and mum always insisted on making me up. She said I'd wash out in the lights. I always resisted and now I wonder if I was just trying to cover everything up.

Lucky you, having a big sis.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

yay Karols back, I can remember more detail than that Karol, I remember the slip that Paul (the boy downstairs) wore, the colour, the shape and one part where this flower details was coming away.

Ah Natalie wouldn't it be fun to go back and say to the scared young tranny 'just do it, you would kill for these piccies later in life'

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home