transvestite

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Acceptance again

I bang on a bit about acceptance from rgs, I think I'm still carrying a handbag full of guilt around and this alleviates it. Last night I had a friend over for dinner, she gave me the dress I'm wearing for the boat trip tonight and she brought a handbag for me to borrow. She gave me a load of clothes recently to keep what I want and ebay the rest, so the reason for the dinner was to photograph her in the clothes for the auctions (she looks better in them than I do ye know). A couple of times she grabbed some of my clothes to complete an outfit, like she was modeling a jacket and wore one of my skirts to go with it, for the evening dresses she wore a pair of my heels. It was just so cool to me that she would just do that, I subconsciously expected her to freak 'Oh no I'm not wearing the trannies clothes' but it just felt so damn normal.

I had an epiphany about why this sort of thing is so important to me; it's not because in a way it's saying 'It's ok to dress in girls clothes' it's because it's saying to the Gillian part of me 'It's ok to EXIST'

---------------------
Alea iacta est
The die has been cast.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gillian, it's interesting how much we like to have acceptance/validation from rg's. Not that all of us need or desire it, but it sounds like you enjoy it, as do I. Thanks for sharing this neat experience (golly, you seem to have so many of them! **envy**)

Please remember to post some shots of you from the cruise!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Gillian. At the moment I get more pleasure from fighting over who's going to wear which piece of jewelry, my make-up bag being raided before a night out, or a quiet compliment on my choice of clothing. There are no dark pleasures from forbidden fruit, no guilty and furtive dressing. The pleasure is almost abstract: the events are so mundane, so ordinary, almost boring in a way.
It appears that the disbelief has not only been suspended, it has also been shown to be a figment of the imagination.
QED

8:44 PM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

And Gillian you looked gorgeous in that dress last night!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home