transvestite

Friday, June 16, 2006

Failure

A friend phoned me last night, she'd just driven past the ex's place of business and it was all closed up and the signs were gone and did I know about it? Nope I didnt know but I made a few calls, and it seems she went out of business a couple of months ago. I'm more gutted than I would have thought, I expected I'd think ' hah! karma' but I don't. I'm really really sad for her, she put a lot into setting up that place, we both did, weekends and every spare hour down there painting, tiling, general DIY.

I'm guessing it's a symptom of how I can't let go, I still love her and my first reaction was that I wanted to look after her and make it all right. On the topic of my enduring madness; I know she's not going to turn up at my door saying it was all a mistake, but I still expect her to, eyes red from crying, soaked from the rain, a soaking wet labrador next to her and she comes in and everything is better.

Next month she gets married, almost two years since that day we sat at our dining room where we had had so many great parties and she said she no longer wanted to be my wife.

I really am that mad - cuckoo!!

---------------
Vita contin git. vive com eo
Life happens. live with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Gillian you are not mad at all.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not mad to still be able to care, as you do. It's a sign that you're very much alive, that an important part of you hasn't withered and died.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kate Weston said...

Cannot better what Isobel said. *hug*

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home