transvestite

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Comedy or not

I had an unusual night, some friends asked me along to see Phil Kay I'd heard of him but didn't know much about him, two friends have seem him loads of times and say he is either great or 'dies on his arse'. So with an open mind I took my place amongst the 40 or so people in the audience. The show didn't so much start as 'happen' as Kay was getting ready someone made a comment from the audience, Kays head snapped up and he launched into an insanely funny high speed tirade at the commenter, then he ran out of energy and chatted about stuff, then improvised on guitar then another high speed rant, and another and another. Some funny, some not but always entertaining. Then he launched into a story about his g/f and her ex that was only notionally funny, it ended with him getting his 'time up' signal while the audience were asking questions about the story 'So how was she after that?' 'How did you feel' 'do you love her'. I was a remrkably intimate affair and felt like an audience having a conversation with the man on stage.

Afterwards he blagged a lift to the train station and as I left he was being bought drinks while the taxi he had ordered waited outside. A really really interesting evening, even if I wasn't wearing a dress it was still fun.

But be warned - sometimes he dies on his arse.

--------------
Belua multorum es capitum
The people are a many-headed beast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home