transvestite

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gone sailing

Had a great evening last night on the roses boat trip. After someinitial stress it was great. First off the hotel didn't bother telling us the restaurant didn't open at the weekend - huh?!?! so they opened it specially and served us really really slow so we were late for the cabs and almost didn't make it. So we're running late and we get in the cabs for a fraught journey to the boat, we spot one of the more recognisable trannies at one of the piers and decide we are at the right place so we jump out the cab - eek!!! the tranny is only there because they broke down, we are a deent distance in heels from the boat and it's getting very late. Made the boat by the skin of our teeth, now time to find out I left the tickets at reception at the hotel - how we laughed!!.

So stress over, the night was brilliant, loads of people to talk to, great to see Karol again - too long sis. Everyone looked fab, had a chance for a natter with girls I've met before but not had time for a proper natter, loved my new heels and got some great compliments about them. Did call it a night early and not go to the WOC which was a waste of time as we sat up so late chatting we may as well have been at the WOC.

First for the night - transphobic abuse. Some blokes drove past, shouting 'Oi Mate' 'you alright MATE!!' 'Hows it going GUYS' ending off with a particularly venomous 'you effing pooftahs!!!. Water off a ducks back to me but I so wish I could somehow have conveyed my utter contempt for him and his shitty little car better than just laughing at them - which I did


5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Oh, I recognise this type they are the little shits who have to desperately proving their manliness to each other by shouting abuse at anyone who isn't like them.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

We should have got Tracy to flash her tits at them. That would have confused them....lol

6:03 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Even chavs can tell when you're not bothered by their attempts to embarrass/upset you, so hopefully they were suitably p*ssed off. :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Spot on Rachel, I had a similar moment late on Saturday which was pretty much as you describe.

In fact reading this has just inspired me to get my tush in gear, and write up my night. So thanks for that Gillian!

And it was really great to see you on Saturday too. Lets def's do a night out soon.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hows it going guys?" Great sense of hunour! If you grow your own hair long the longer it gets the more transphobic abuse you get in male mode. Could this be caused by the male clothes spoiling the image? I don't get hassle en femme although a couple of lads in a car looked a bit surprised when I gave them directions and when I was stopped by the police an "Alright mate" from me almost put them off calling me darling. When it comes to you Gillian and Karol these lads must have been very observant. Its fancy dress but not as you know it mate - so piss off.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home