transvestite

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Reconnecting with fear

I went out yesterday, I decided I needed some makeup practice before the weekend in the UK so I got made up, made up led to dressed up (about an hour of different outfits, the spare room is still a disaster) dressed up lead to standing behind the door heart pumping which lead to going 'Sod it' and leaving the flat dressed. Didn't do much, I took my recycling up the street to the bins, then carried on for a 10 min walk round the neighbourhood.

I think I left this too long, it was no biggie, just a wander up the street, flat shoes, jeans, blouse but I was bloody scared. When I got back it all felt unreal, like a dream. It also felt very scary and natural at the same time, as I walked down the stairs (top floor flat) I almost forgot I was dressed as a girl, it was nice to walk down the street, I think I got a few looks, but no comments (the swiss are much too polite)

Slightly ashamed about how nervous I was but a bit pleased at doing it at last. Not before time methinks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling well, in many ways the nagging doubts and 'fear' never leave, merely drop to a managable level.

For example, Saturday night coming will be the second night out this year. Largely due to apathy and just too much going on elsewhere.

Nerves? Indeedy.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Angell said...

its like a drug, isn't it!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

You are a natural, but even so well done girl.
Have fun on Saturday.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

2nd this year Kat, what got in the way?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Spot on Kat.

I also find I can still get myself in a total flap for no rational reason. The other night I flagged down a cab on my way out with out a care in the world. The following evening doing the same thing in the same place, I was having a total panic attack.

Then again I did keep getting kerb crawled which didn't help! :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home