transvestite

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hurrah!!!!

Yayy America.

I've been rooting for Obama and wow, it happened. I really thought something was going to screw it up, the dog whistle racism of the republicans was going to find sympathetic ears, enough people would start believing the nonsense about Ayers, just something was going to happen to mess up this.

I think the world needs this man, I saw polls outside the USA saying Obama was the choice for 85%, did you see the celebrations across the world, did you see the video of 106yr old Anne Nixon Cooper being interviewed? , can you feel the freshness in the air?

The lack of triumphalism on the evening of his victory speaks volumes about the calibre of the man, I really think that the most rare of creatures - a good politician - is going to sit in the white house.

What the hell happened to Biden though? he was faceless, I saw his v clever VP debate where I thought he managed not to make Palin look stupid which must have been very hard for him given she is and he is really not. After that he just seemed to shrink into the crowd. Anyway good luck to him, I cried my way thorough Obamas victory speech, can you imagine crying at one of Bush's speeches?.

Now the big decision tho, would I rather look like Michelle Obama, or Sarah Palin, hmm I'm leaning towards Palins label-ladden look at the moment but Michelle has pulled some corkers with high street fashion.

Yayy Obama.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fluffy Pink Duck said...

Michelle all the way - she has Style. Sarah Palin had an expense account and was dressing far too much like a junior Thatcher for my liking.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Biden was out campaigning! He managed to avoid saying too many dumb things (he might be intelligent, but he has a certain gift for saying stupid things...)

I, too, thought Obama's speech was pretty good. He definitely avoided sounding triumphant. It was almost understated.

Carolyn Ann

5:08 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Yup, I'm decide, I'm with you Jane, Palins too power dressed, I love that Michelle went on air wearing this

6:12 PM  
Blogger sophie h said...

lets just hope the establishment/machinery of government doesnt stop him from doing what he's set out to do and dash all those hopes.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hi Sophie, my biggest fear is that he gets assasinated, and I'm not saying that in a jokey way, either that or the rednecks claim they are no longer part of the union, theres many things that could go wrong, but I'm hoping hard

11:57 PM  
Blogger Penny Clare said...

So say all of us.
Shooting American presidents has been something of a national pastime and I'm sure there are more than a few who view his election with dismay. We were visited by some US money men recently who predicted civil war if he won. So far they seem to have been wrong.
I did hear a comment on the radio that I thought more than usually perceptive. If he can sort out Iraq and Afghanistan it might just save his bacon. Maybe, just maybe, a non-white could pull this one off where Bush plainly could not.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home