transvestite

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Why I like the Swiss

I've just returned from one of my frequentish (adverb: like frequent, see shelfish - a bit like a shelf) trips to Switzerland or CH as the cool kids call it. This morning I travelled an hour and a half by train to get to Geneva (or Genv as the cool kids call it) Aeroport (or Flughafen as the cool etc etc). Now check-in closed at 9.15, but I chose the train that arrived at the airport at 9.05 - 10 minutes!! now in the UK that sort of behaviour would get you a trip to the funny farm, you'd allow an hour minimum, I'd probably do 2 hours just to be safe. In CH it wasn't an issue because the trains leave when they are supposed to and arrive when they are supposed to. By contrast 'the train was late' is an unquestioned reason for being late for a meeting in London.

Oh I also like them because they make great chocolate, fab watches and sell cannabis at the train station
Another hit of tea vicar?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I always thought the Swiss were too uptight and bit like we imagine the Germans to be like to be selling such interesting tea.

Sounds like you had a good time (like all the cool kids do!)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Selina said...

One thing about the Swiss - their cheese is holier than any other.

With the possible exception of "Cheeses of Nazareth"

I already have my ticket for the funny farm.....

4:33 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

common misconception Jane, they work hard and seriously but when they let their hair down they are seriously mad. A friend got burgled, they stole his dope so he told the cops they stole his dope, the cops weren't that bothered except to catch the theif.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

And they seem to be a lot less uptight about sex then we are. When I worked over there I was surprised to see sex shops with pretty graphic window displays on many streets.

But then when I thought about it, it seemed a much healthier approach then we have. Kids grow up with sex as just another part of life, not something hidden away.

That would be the cool kids ofcourse! ;o)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Too right Karol, an rg friend over there got me to go into a sex shop with her (her hubby was scared) it was like going to a grocers, bright, airy, well lit, people were stopping to say hello to friends and chat not a hint of seedy it was a real eye opener.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home