transvestite

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Of Fear

I learned a new word today

Walloonphobia - Fear of the Walloons.

I'm actually quite scared by this definition because Walloons are apparently something people can be scared of, but I don't have the slightest idea what a walloon is nor why it should be 'the Wallons' with a capitalized W. I could be experiencing walloons day in day out and not knowing I should be scared of them. Food for thought.

Latin lesson:
Catapultam habeo nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only latin I ever learnt was from the Asterix books. They used to have little signs on Roman buildings and stuff.

"Cave canem" - beware of the dog.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walloons: The French speaking population of Belgium.

Plenty to be scared of!

Shudder

10:29 AM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

I learnt one too
"gillianisation"
It's where you get mad comments left on your blog :-)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Are you sure it wasn't "The Waltons"?
Now they used to scare me, very strange carry on all together.
All that "goodnight..." malarky, not natural at all, definitely a bit suspicious IMHO.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home