transvestite

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

One for A. Nonymouse

Not sure I like the political slant this has taken, seems people wanted to pick on one of my reasons for leaving the UK and make a big deal out of it, anyway lets proceed with caution and see where it goes, but if it gets too non-fluffy then I’m just going to delete it.

The point of this blog is that it’s my blog, it’s where I dump my thoughts, perhaps where I say something too personal to communicate face to face, somewhere I leave ‘my`notes on trees’. While I’m immensely flattered if someone reads it, more so if they comment, it’s just my blog, it’s not a discussion forum, it’s not a mechanism to gauge my popularity by counting stats, it’s not a weapon to attack anyone who disagrees with me, it’s just a bit of me that leaks into cyberspace and if no one read it it would still trundle on much the same.

So the blog for A. Nonymouse (the names have been changed to protect the err, the anonymous) to answer your questions

How can I be anti-immigration and pro-emigration?

Can I just stop for a moment; I’m on a train for Zurich, we’ve just stopped at Bern and this girl has got on and sat opposite me and I love her outfit, cute kitten heels with pilgrim buckles, black smart knee length skirt, blouse with these fab huge cuffs, and a really fantastic baby pink mac, she’s amazingly girly and I want to be her right now!

ok so back, well it’s easy, I’m not anti-immigration as long as it’s managed, I like what Australia do
‘You wanna come in sport? Whats in it for us?’
‘You got pots of money, come on in’
‘You’ve got a history of starting successful businesses, come in, sit down, watch the cricket, those are the poms we hate them’
‘You’re a doctor? Here have a Fosters, on you go’
‘You’ve got a list of convictions as long as your arm and a history of sexual assault, get lost mate’


The UK didn’t do that, the borders were opened, no one knows how many people came into the country in the last decades, let alone who. The government estimated 15,000 immigrants from the new members of the EU, they got 600000 in the last two years. How can you be so far wrong? and who is going to pay for that mistake? Is a head going to roll? Is it hell!.

So ‘Why do the Muslims get a mention?’ probably because they are all over the media, call me topical but I react to what’s current, and right now Muslims are current, I actually have little time for organised religions and they all make me deeply uneasy, except Buddhism and that’s more a belief system than a religion. I’m not wholly ignorant of Islam I’ve spent long nights round the campfire in the Sahara talking politics and religion with my guide, I’ve taken tea with desert people in the Sinai (very surprised how deferential to the women, the guide virtually prostrated himself) and I had one very interesting half hour in a taxi in New York a month after 9/11 with a driver who taught me the real meaning of Jihad. I appreciate their culture but I don’t want to live in it.

Damn this girl is feminine, her makeup is perfect, sigh.

Multiculturalism a disaster? disaster/failure, it's a matter of degree, MP’s are starting to acknowledge it which means it was true years ago, Trevor Phillips head of the CRE acknowledges it with an excellent quote

“No amount of lecturing from comfortable middle-class liberals will brush away the anxiety felt in many of our towns and cities“

hell even the Grauniad is saying theres a line. Maybe it can work, maybe it can’t, but ‘when in Rome’. Switzerland are having their issues right now but they aren’t afraid to say no. Topical news over here is that a mosque was refused permission to erect minarets in Zurich, the Zurich planners said it wouldn’t fit in so no. Not only did they say no, they discussed in parliament whether to outlaw minarets across Switzerland. It’s a powerful message they are sending;, come in, settle if you want but fit in, be ‘people like us’. Does it work? The office I am working in is a mix of get this, “38 nationalities, ethnicities, disabilities and sexual orientations” and it feels like one cohesive organisation, one culture if you will, and I like that. We’ve seen apartheid already I can’t understand why there’s people ready to get upset that I think it’s a bad thing in the UK.

Parasites? My preferred phrase for politicians, I think they are self serving, lying parasites and the UK needs a constitution to protect the public from them.

Scum/white trash/neds/rat boys pick the phrase you like, I think it’s wholly appropriate for the sort of waster you’ll find around any city and more and more towns in the UK on any given evening, drinking, shouting abuse and stealing my car on Christmas morning. “Socio-economically disadvantaged youths” is too big a mouthful for me.

I only respond to the ego stroking comments - well duh-uh, did you miss the whole transvestite blog part of this?, I'm a tranny, I need my ego-stroked more than I need food.

So comment if you like, disagree if you want (it is allowed you know) just keep it clean.

So enough of that rubbish, I’ve got a rooftop apartment in Zurich and I’m moving in this weekend, so no more trains to Zurich – yayyyy.

-----------------------
Homines quod volunt credunt
Men believe what they want to.

13 Comments:

Blogger steph_angel said...

"Not sure I like the political slant this has taken, seems people wanted to pick on one of my reasons for leaving the UK and make a big deal out of it, anyway lets proceed with caution and see where it goes, but if it gets too non-fluffy then I’m just going to delete it...."

This one's an absolute mine-field at the moment...And I don't mean your Blog, before you reach for the delete button!!! There's some pretty extreme views flying about and it really doesn't take much to attract them.

So anyway...Without the Zurich train, surely you'll miss the well dressed girl ;-)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Good point Steph, right what I'll do is get up even earlier to get the train back to Bern, so I can get the train back up again thats all bases covered I think.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Without the Zurich train, surely you'll miss the well dressed girl

or just hang around outside the train station in Zurich ;)

8:21 AM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

Jo talking from experience there ;-)

Spot on comments. Britain sucks and if it wasn't for our cats, Tracy and I would be off to New Zealand in a shot.

Oh and when shall we book the flight to Zurich for? :-)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thing's are nice and quiet in my sleepy little rural backwater. My Afghan neighbour spends most of her time trying to move the last of her family out of the war zone: not into Britain - into Canada. All the other neighbouring houses are holiday homes.

My nearest town, King's Lynn, has lead the way in so many things: first to have town centre CCTV; first to have home curfews and tagged offenders, and in mediaeval times 'Lynn started England's first pogrom and was burning Jews before the more infamous events in York. These days we just have fires on housing estates where a dozen Chinese illegal immigrants were packed into an ex-council house. Even the local gangmasters have been replaced with Ukranians... well, that was until he was sent to jail.

I tend to come into contact with a lot of the immigrant, itinerant, drug-addled, dropped out, and downright chavy aspects of this town on a daily basis. Personally, I'm not surprised that the people that impress me the most with their industry and civility tend to be immigrants. Not so much the ones that came here in the 60's, from London, but the ones who've had to learn a new language. No one group of people is all bad, or all good for that matter, and that is reflected in the court registers which are printed each week.

Would I move away? I spent the 80's & 90's moving around. I'm back home now. I love where I live: I have a deep-rooted connection with this place, nomatter how much certain aspects of it disgust me to the core.
I can't understand people who move away permanently, but I can't condemn them for my own lack of understanding, nor can I impose my own thinking on others. Dogma is a dangerous thing.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

I think you make some good points in a reasoned fashion Gillian.

And Isobels right, many immigrants work there socks off in piss poor jobs that no one else would touch. And being from a family of immigrants I've seen that first hand.

And having worked in Switzerland (had I not mentioned that? :) I've also seen their system first hand too. And although I seem to recall some racial tension when I was there, there are a lot of good points.

My over riding impression was of a very strong sense of community. Peer pressure seemed to ensure people conformed. I remember my boss telling me that his neighbours where totally p'd off with him because he hadn't washed his apartment windows and so was making the building look untidy. Being as it was a short term let, he'd no idea it was his responsibility (scruffy bloody English you see!)

12:49 AM  
Blogger steph_angel said...

"Dogma is a dangerous thing..."

It's also a bag of shite film that most people rave about!!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Jaye Adams said...

Good luck with the move & when's the party?!

(Dogma is a great film)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Party when you want girls, the sooner, the less furniture!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really well put. More people need to be able to speak up without some goober shouting them down in the name of political correctness

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stuff about Australian immigration is waaaaaaaaaaaaay off the mark. No one drinks Fosters here. Amongst other things....

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...........and you criticised me summing up UK in one word ! You're worldly experiences are considerably, very considerably wider than mine but UK and rats*** aren't directly opposed to each other. It does make me realise though that I live in an isolated area where sense of community and England still mean something. By no means are we exclusive. Indeed one local guy is an African Chief and returns too his village once a year; but he does try, and succeeds in fitting into 'England'. Perhaps, in time, we'll all meet up again in the 'new England' but will that be CH, NZ or Canada ?

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not anonymous - sorry !
Becky.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home