transvestite

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Coincidence

Shortly after the ex left me I happened to hear U2 - One on the radio, do you ever hear a track while you are doing something else and it catches your attention immediately? The lyric that caught me was

"It's too late, tonight
To drag the past out
Into the light"


You probably see the connection, the ex after she left me embarked on what seemed a frenzy of outing, this lyric summed it up for me.

I listened to the track a lot after that, at the time it really spoke to me and seemed a perfect commentary on the events of the time.

"Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same
Will it make it easier on you now
You got someone to blame"


She could never accept responsibility, it always had to be someone elses fault, me being a transvestite was a perfect reason to leave me.

"Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste In your mouth?"


Her comment when I eventually managed to tell her before we got married - "Thats disgusting" - I was still me Julia.

"one love, we get to share it
Leaves you baby if you don't care for it"


Well thats true, I took her too much for granted at times, well a lot.

"Did I ask too much?
More than a lot?"


Was it such a hard thing to accept this side of me?

"one life, you got to do what you should"

Like just be me?

So what prompted this? well I was just about to go to bed and for no adequately explained reason I realised I'd never seen the video and searched for it on YouTube. I can enjoy it now with a wry smile on my face rather than the racking sobs of yesteryear but I was completely unprepared for what is on screen during the lyric that first brought the song to my attention, it's at 1min 32 secs if you are interested. Or 3m 05 if the counters counting backwards, or just watch the whole vid, it's worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger steph_angel said...

Being a bit of a U2 anorak, this video was actually scrapped by the band shortly after it was made and was very rarely seen. Apparently it was seen as being a little controversial ;-) Only recently has it hit the screens and not before time!!!

Ok anorak off now ;-)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Ahhhh, I did wonder why I'd never seen any of it, ta for that Mme L'Anorak.

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a strange coincidence.

Big *hug* for the general vibe of the post... it really affected me.

x

6:22 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thanks Becky, 'appreciated. It's pretty cool these days tho, as much fun as the whole mad time was I think the 'oh woe is me' posts are all but done. Hugs back.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

*hugs*

I seem to remember the sleeve notes for Achtung Baby having some shots of the Band in frocks as well...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home