transvestite

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What I hate most

You know what I hate most about being over here? lack of wearing girls clothes aside. It's miming, I hate not knowing the language and feeling like an idiot, it's only temporary until I get german lessons sorted out but when my best 'Sprechen Sie English' is met with a nein, or 'Parlez vous Anglais' with a 'non' (which happens a helluva lot more than the 'nein' my shoulders slump and the mime begins. I hate the mime, but what can you do, shouting loudly doesn't seem to work.

I had to do the mime with the dinner ladies at work, 'something' was wrong with my pre-charged payment card, we mimed 'come back tomorrow' so I did without lunch then went back today and got my card back, none the wiser as to what had happened, still at least I got to eat.

I had to go to the chemist, a hopeful 'können Sie Englisch sprechen' met by 'lieder nicht' so the shoulders slumped and we began the mime
2 words
first word
4 syllables
sounds like
emma freud

3 Comments:

Blogger Angell said...

surely three syllables???

9:37 PM  
Blogger Angell said...

no wait - thats all wrong....

shouldn't it be
2 words
second word
1 syllable
sounds like
cold

(I is cruel tonight)

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya!

buy a "Englisch-Deutsch Wörtbuch" from the nearest bookshop... while it won't have the sex/tenses nor the pronuciation of the German words, at least it'll get you started & you can always point at a word if you can't pronounce it.

(first word... two syllables,
sounds like yacht sea ;-))

Take Care;
Anonymous Coward.

"Entschuldigung... haben Sie Hämorrhoidensalbe?", as some people might say.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home