transvestite

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Things I have learned this week

When working at a large bank, "the dog ate it" is not an acceptable reason why your project is late. Neither is "global warming" I knew the dog ate it was pushing it but I was sure it could be blamed on global warming, everything else is.

I also learned I have very cool friends, I got an email from Lindz when I was at work "did you get a parcel from me?" then followed a sequence of emails along the lines of "tell me, tell me tell me" "no, it's for Gillian" "TELL MEEEEE" so busting a gut I got home after being out late (which was torture) to find this:


Happy sigh, I was telling her I wanted my ears pierced so now I have to do it, and I can't wait, I know I crack on about acceptance and stuff, but it really is an enormous deal to me.

I learned I have a new blog reader, hello Cat, totally forgot you would have access to this.

I learned that second life is addictive, I spent hours and hours sitting by a camp fire just chewing the fat.

I learned the guy behind me at work can average one sniff every 7 seconds for at least two minutes.

I learned that two minutes is as long as I can put up with someone sniffing on average every seven seconds before screaming 'USE A HANKY!!!' or going to the coffee machine.

I re-learned that records should not be left in direct sunlight
Bugger

I learned that I can go skiing this weekend if I want, the local resort is opening a few lifts -it's the end of May!!

and lastly I learned that I am inordinately excited about going to see Motorhead Saxon and Black Sabbath at the weekend, I'm going to spend a day getting hammered, sweaty, deafened and end up black and blue and I can't wait.

-----------------
Tu stupidus es
You are dumb.

2 Comments:

Blogger steph_angel said...

I learned that two minutes is as long as I can put up with Second Life... Think I'll just concentrate on the ever so complicated 'first life' I've been dealt ;-)

Oh... You could probably ski in this country at the moment it's soooooooooooo damn cold!!!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Penny M said...

The dog ate it? No project manager worth their salt would accept that! No, they should have arranged a series of progress meetings at which you could have gradually brought them round to the idea that the dog was going to eat it.

"I can't find it"

"The dog seems to have it"

"The dog is sniffing it"

"One end of it is in the dog's mouth and I'm pulling at the other"

Properly minuted and recorded, you can get away with anything.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home