transvestite

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Good evening - Wintherthur!!! You Rock!!!

last cigarette, 27 days ago
last wine - please - be serious.

Bit of a boy post this.

Blast from the past last weekend, I went to see Saxon, Motorhead and Black Sabbath at a local town, twas damn good, I sometimes feel like someones dad going to a concert these days, but as soon as the music kicked in I was back at Uni again, drinking cheap cider and punching the air. Saxon weren't bad but Biff (singer) is looking very old, meanwhile Motorhead look pretty much like the last time I saw them a million years ago at Edinburgh playhouse. Lemmy has to be one of the coolest creatures on this earth, wanders on stage, takes a last drag of his fag, stubs it out and leans towards the microphone 'we're Motorhead, we play Rock n Roll' and off they went.

Way too close

Sorry the photos a bit pants, phone camera and a LOT of pushing and shoving down the front. I think the swiss must have got the volume down a bit, Motorhead are the only band that have made me stuff things in my ears, but this time is was loud but not 'ohmygodmyheart' loud. Talking of stuffing things in your ears, lots of the crowd had earplugs, a friend told me this is very swiss.

I love rock concerts, I love the roughness, the smelliness, the sweatiness, I love not giving a damn, I love coming back from the bar and people bashing into you and getting beer on themselves and it's not even worth apologising because who cares? it's just beer and thats what happens at rock concerts, I love the pushing and shoving down the front, I love staggering out into the night air black and blue with my ears ringing and going looking for a bar for a croaky post mortem of the gig.

Oh yeah, and Black Sabbath were top too but Dio looked EXACTLY like he did when I saw him 20 years ago, given his prediliction for singing about devils, I wonder if theres a soul been sold there.

Black Sabbath

"In the misty morning,
on the edge of time....." - superb stuff

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've brought some memories back there Gillian.

I never knew Biff senior, he was a few years ahead of me at Lincoln School (as it was then) but I did hangout with his younger brother, Mark Byford, for a while.

Father was Chief Constable of Lincolnshire and eventually headed up Sussex Constabulary (late seventies I think).

Mark was popular, intelligent and an all round decent guy. After uni at Leeds he started out as a researcher for the BBC in the city and worked on the yorkshire ripper documentary.

He's been head of the BBC World Service and was acting Director-General in the aftermath of Greg Dyke's resignation over the Hutton Report. And of course he's now Deputy Director-General.

All-in-all a family of high achievers. There is a younger sister, but I only met her once and have no idea what she's doing now.

I guess the Saxon Biff would be 52 or older.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home