transvestite

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We are not all the same

Days without cigarettes, mmm somewhere over 70 now
Days without wine = 2 and let me tell you no one is more surprised than me!

I had an epiphany the other day, I was doing a bit of ruminating on what we are specifically my favourite of why why why. I was thinking about forum threads on how we all ought to pull together for the noble cause of men in girls clothes (btw to new readers, thats me, a bloke actually pretending to be a girl, kinda wierd, but not as wierd as one summer me and 'Scrumper' Clark found this dead....., well maybe a story for another day that one). So I'm thinking of these threads and as usually the hairy panty wearer brigade came in for some stick and the pneumatic boobs and red pvc brigade then other girls defended them saying we are a broad church and should be inclusive etc etc.

It ocurred to me that we won't pull together, we never will because it's not what we do thats a unifying factor, it's *why* we do it. That society groups us together under the heading wierdos transvestites does not matter if our aims don't coincide. I am never going to feel the warm fuzzy glow of sistership to a transvestite who throws on a pair of satin briefs and whiles away a happy few minutes bent double over a speeding fist. Nor am I likely to suggest a quiet cosy meal with a girl who just wants to dress to attract attention. I naturally gravitate to the girls who do it for the same reasons as I do, to have fun, to escape the mundane guy life, to try and fit in and look like and act like a girl.

To quote Gillian Stuart "We are not all the same"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

You're right, theres as much that divides "us" the occupants of t world as unites us. I'm not sure though about your thoughts on the "why" unifying us when the "what" doesn't; I think the "whys" are quite diverse as well - sexual thrill, attention seeking, release of pressure, response to underlying dysphoria - to me I feel the "shy" is at least as diverse as the "what".

The key is pulling together, not apart, when it matters - principally, I guess, in giving a positive, and correctional, image to the outside world.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Aha! Now I see why I didn't get invited for dinner at Sparkle!

Err, better mention it wasn't "the speeding fist" I was referring to!

Actually, all joking aside, I have to agree with you Gillian. I'm struck by how little I seem to have in common with many of the "T" folk who I meet when I'm out, not how much.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Thats the difficulty to me Jessica, I don't think we will ever present a unified front when we do our whats for such different whys.

Aw Karol I still feel really bad about that and whats more I'd have loved it, I still think fondly back to that nice dinner at PPs one time.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home