transvestite

Sunday, September 02, 2007

TV/TS

Days without cigarettes - 121 but damn last night was close
Days without wine - when you say 'day' what exactly do you mean?

Perturbing incident this week that gave me pause. I went back to the uk to visit a friend who had felt neglected by me of late. We had fun, we talked a lot and we drank a lot and we ate a lot, but we also disagreed a lot which I didn't like. She is studying to be a psychotherapist and menioned she had mentioned me in a classroom session on tg issues (as in 'I have a friend who....'). She told me this before but on Sunday she mentioned something else. When she said I was having IPL her tutor said that in her experience that was an indication that its more than being TV. That it was an indication of being TS. I'm sure as I can be that I'm not, I've always said that if it was a no effort option then I'd do it, I want to be a girl but I don't *need* to be a girl if that makes sense.

However my friend said that I was just in denial and sub consciously I wanted to change sex. Aarrgghhh that annoyed me, no consideration that perhaps my opinion was valid just 'must be in denial because the books say so' grrrr, some lip buttoning was called for. I'd bloody better not be TS I spent long enough till I came out as TV I'd hate to think I'm wasting time now when I should be off to Thailand to come home several pounds lighter (slight exageration as the glacier pics will testify)

On a nicer note I went out last night for a works do and told a friends wife, they are this lovely couple I have been thinking of telling for a while, just so I can stop watching my tongue around them and de-princessing before they come round. Great reaction as expected, not even a blink until I showed her the pics, now she wants to go out with me as Gillian some night, should be fun.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah. Hate that. :-(

How far, exactly, IS too far for a TV to go and not be a TS-in-denial? We've established, apparently, that IPL is past the point of no return, what about getting your ears pierced? Or going out dressed?

In my opinion, there's only one indication of being TS, it's thinking "I'm a TS". If you've not thought that, then you're not one.

If you start getting into the murky waters of being "in denial", how the f*dge do you know that if you do think you're TS that you're not in denial about being TV?

4:36 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

yup.. all this slippery slope nonsense really annoys me..

5:18 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

I've also had the "You're actually a gay man who's in denial!". And apparently a sneaky gay man at that. The logic being that since I couldn't attract a man in the "normal" way, I was cheating by trying to look like a girl.

Absolute tosh, but I've actually heard this argument off a few different people over the last couple of years.

As you say the frustrating thing is the look of patronising smugness that you receive when you try and dispute it. "Well you would say that wouldn't you, you're in denial!". Argh!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

I think we're all on the same page here. A tranny consensus.

It is annoying, yes I'd deny it if I was in denial, I'd also deny it if it just wasnt true!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poppycock to it all.

You are who you are.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tranny consensus. Yay. They are too few and far between.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jaye Adams said...

What's next? You're gay because you hug an old male friend that you haven't seen in a few years?!

You're one of my best friends, I know her equally as well as I know him & you seem to have a found a balance that works for you. Knowing what it's like to have GD I can safely say that you don't, if you did we'd have had a "chat" a long time ago.

What really upsets me isn't your friends response but her tutors closed mind approach to transexuality - it has nothing to do with the way we groom our bodies! Has he/she ever actually looked up the definition of transexuality/gender dysphoria? I'd love to send him/her a message to try educate him/her a little...

Jaye x

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but are we all in denial about denial? Only kidding! :)

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....does the tutor know my wife (and no, I haven't IPL'd) who also makes the simple connection - goes out 'dressed' > confused/denial > will transition sooner or later. NO I WON'T.
A Blackpool support website has a message which more or less says that you are either TS or confused. NO I AM NOT, I know where I am and what I am.
Mmmm ? I'm passed worrying about it. I have some great friends and have some wonderful times whilst being in confused denial. Long may it continue !!

Becky xx

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home