transvestite

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Trial by Hair

Days without cigarettes:101 - Hey I made it to 100 and didn't notice!
Days without wine: look it was the end of the bottle OK!
Days without negative comments about my hair 0.

My hairs a bit of a state, I want it long, I want to go out without a wig but it's taking so long to grow, not helped by Miss Adams whose hair was significantly shorter than mine when we met, 2 years and a gender ago and is now significantly longer - grrr.

anyway it's a struggle to look after it, it takes a lot of effort in the morning to get it looking presentable, then 5 minutes after I step out the door the hair monkeys have been at it. I have it trimmed regularly but it doesn't take long to be back to messy. Drastic measures called for so I booked up a fancy stylists, the sort of place that has a 'consultation' beforehand thats not just 'whatdya want'. an hour and half later and a lot of cash lighter I wandered blinking into the daylight with more hair care chemicals than you can shake a stick at (actually thats not true, I did shake a stick at them, just to see, well I say stick, it was a wooden spatchula really)

Actually thats not the point, forget all that, the point was, I couldn't go swimming because I had this hair appointment and told the guy I was swimming with. Hell you'd think I was back at school, all these hair comments, all afternoon, wtf??? about every 6 weeks I go, but this idiot is making a big thing out of it, and then he's off on 'Oh you're getting wound up now' well yes I was, not because he's making me feel bad about myself but because hes trying to. What is it with some people? why would you try to make anyone feel less about themselves? what possible reason could you have for doing that? thats not to rule out contructive criticism, as a close friend said, "if your mums not going to tell you I will - get your hair cut!". With this guy I just felt like saying 'How dare you even have an opinion on what I do with my body'

It's one of the things I hate most in the man world, piss taking, it's a pathetic empty waste of an evening. I think I hate it so much because I've joined in in my younger less confident days, 'just having a laugh' no it's not; it's about trying to be alpha male and heres a big kiss to show you I don't care about being him. Women are so much more positive about each other, it's such a refreshing contrast.

OK that was the point, blog entry over but if you want to hear about the hair and the tranny bit read on.

So in the consultation I was just blatant about it 'I'm a transvestite so something that could be shaped in a feminine way too would be good' I think I shocked the lass a bit, she recovered but her eyes went a bit wide and it was an elephant in the room, although she did ask me if I'd seen the latest Annabel yet and we discussed whether ballerina shoes were nice or pointless but the conversation was more of the usual stylist/customer natter while I'm thinking 'I just gave you a HUGE conversation starter' she also said my eyebrows were too long and could she trim them :). I met some friends afterwards for a drink, one of the girls (who doesn't know) said 'it's nice, maybe a little feminine though' - MWWAAAAAAH!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaye Adams said...

Please can I just add, in my own defence, that my hair is so nice because I'm a laydee with laydee's things coursing through my veins & shit?

Looks like I already did...

5:41 PM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

Ahh long hair
Tried it, got sick of it, cut it all off.
Still get it coloured though :-)

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got the hair thing going on....... but I have, near as damnit, a phobia about hair dressers. It's nothing to do with my hatred for beetroot, but both can be traced back to childhood traumas. In this case it was the barber taking a big slice out of my brother's ear.

All this lack of styling has forced me into masquerading as a hippy. Do you have any idea how much I loathe patchouli?

Maybe next June...

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing your hair is character building. Some people will stop talking to you, your sisters will and son's wives will be rude about it and young alpha males will attack you. I get attacked about once a day sometimes three times. I consider them my fan club especially as I quite like the opportunity to improve my diplomatic skills although my pocket flame thrower causes a nasty smell of burning flesh so I don't use it.
Losing hair is a massive trauma for males so count yourself lucky.
Girls will smile at you perhaps thinking you are a musical star! Actually several men take a fancy to you which is a new experience.
Dressing to go out isn't the same because you are no longer in disguise and your choice of clothes gets people who recognise you chatting about you after dark.
One small problem is that at 1/2 inch a month, 6 inches takes 12 months. The hair on the crown of your head takes 3 to 4 years to reach your shoulders. You find out why hair is so important to females. Get used to hair getting in your way and at times not being able to see and later eating it!
The really tricky part is once it is long. You never see men with hair grips, holds and bands then there is wearing your hair up or in a pony tail.
Join the club. I say if you have hair flaunt it, although wigs look nicer but you cannot have everything can you?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

I have to agree on numerous points here.

First Jaye looks more amazing each time I see her. I was seriously envious at the weekend. Hair to die (dye?) for.

Second, I've been growing mine for it seems like a decade now, and I think its shy or something. 'Cause it seems to get thicker as opposed to longer. I mean WTF, how the hell does that happen?

Finally, when I was getting loads of grief about my hair off several of my follically challenged friends/colleagues, in answer to the question "Yuk, why are you growing your hair?". My reply was simply "Because I can."

That seemed to shut them up!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home