transvestite

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Tonight I will mostly be crying


about this book. I have literally just finished it and tears are still wet on my face and my eyes are red, Lying there alone in bed I had to offload before I could go to sleep, so here we are, late night blogging. It's a fine book and it had me laughing from page 1 and laughing on the train in the way that other people see you laughing and smile. You might want to skip the end bit.

It's not something a non dog lover will ever understand; how much they can get under your skin, it's also brought back some memories of the wonderful pooch I lost in the divorce. I miss that pooch, I wonder what she looks like now, last I saw her she was being roughly dragged out the house, looking back at me, wonder if she would even recognise me. One time during the living hell that was sharing the same house while selling the house the ex decided to stop referring to me as 'Daddy' when talking to the pooch using instead my name, a simple thing but it hurt.

Actually that wasn't how this post was meant to be, it was about that book a celebration of the life of a seriously nutty dog, and now feeling offloaded, it's time for bed.

Gillian x

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lucky that I've never lost any close family, but I can't imagine that when it happens it will hurt more than when my dog died. There's something bordering on magic in the relationship between dogs and humans, that wrenches when it's gone.

xxx

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, tearing up in my office, remembering how I buried my beloved corgi in the backyard two summers ago. 13 years of constant, unwaivering devotion and companionship from him. I bawled loudly for hours.

However, as you say, the point is to celebrate the special place they have within our lives, and the joy they bring. So, two months ago, we brought another corgi into our lives, and the magical connection begins again.

Gillian, have you thought about getting another one, just for you?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Aww Becky, Laura, I didn't know you were dog girls, learn something new every day. Thank you both.

No Laura I couldn't have one yet, my lifestyle wouldn't allow it, tho though the Swiss are amazingly dog friendly, hotels, restaurants, shops, it's just normal.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home