transvestite

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A lot to be thankful for


Feeling reflective just now, - people come up and check their makeup in me (da da tish, thanks I'm here all week, please, try the fish)

It's been a funny few years since the ex went and gorn and asked for a divorce, much of it spent wearing girls clothes. People whose websites I used to read thinking 'oh I wish I could do that' I now count as friends. I remember well just wishing for one night in a dress, just one night in public, in a dress then I can die happy. I have no idea how often I've done that now, I stopped counting nights out after 10. That makes me laugh, was I the only one who counted them?? 'Hi my name is Gillian and this is my third time out.'

I've met some truly nice people and met girls who didn't care I was wearing a skirt, real honest to goodness girls who didn't just guffaw in my face as I expected them to.

I feel like setting down some highlights oh the journey

First girlie gift - a dress from Debi the night I told her
Shopping for and trying on dresses - again with Debi
First night out - Angelic at Pink Punters, what a night
Telling friends and being accepted
Gift of makeup from Linds
Gift of blouses from Linds, including one I had lusted over.
Gifts of a gazillion dresses from Karen, including two I adored when she wore them
Girlfriends being so normal and matter of fact about it all; chatting about clothes and makeup without sniggering at me.
Going out with Debi dressed to a normal restaurant
Meeting Bonnie dressed for a quick nightcap.
Sparkle fashion show, wow, heres a real girl, deciding which girls clothes I'm going to be wearing and not batting an eye about the fact I'm actually a bloke.
Flying to Sparkle; still seems like a dream that, can't believe I actually did it.
Shopping in Zurich dressed, just hanging out, being a girl.
Going on a date with someone who knows and it just not being an issue.

Things are feeling very natural of late, perhaps too natural, I get home from work, it's hot, I put on a denim mini and a strappy top and then sort of forget about it and get on with my night, I swear one night I am going to forget and just walk out the flat like that. Theres almost a buzz from not getting a buzz. Take right now for example, I couldn't sleep because I was being totured by a mossie (look take a bite you bitch but why fly into my ear with that incessant buzzing), so I'm sitting here satin chemise, satin house coat but I'm not thinking 'oh wow cool look at me dressed like a girl' it's just me, wearing some night clothes.

Contented sigh

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to count your blessing.

Now, snap out of the revrie and go hunt down that mozzie. ;)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

good for you Gillian.
You seem very comfortable with who you are and that's a good thing.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. On a serious note, it sounds as though you've reached a happy & contented place, re: Trans* schizzle.

As opposed to what I often come across, in that people often push for 'something more'. As if there is something extra they can do, another envelope to push or another bar to raise. Or that they can't be happy with what they've achieved and the place they find themselves in and seek to 'do more'.

Which can lead you down a garden path fraught with dangers...

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the trannie checklist Kat. It's so nice to bin it and just get on with enjoying life. Jeez, I'll be putting on my mules next. ;-)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Well I'd like tick off one more thing on the checklist, I want to get married and have children,:)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home