transvestite

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summer time and I'll be wearing - trousers!

Days without cigarettes: enough to be getting podgy!!
Days without wine: hey give us a break, I almost didn't have any yesterday

Guys do have a pretty crap time of it you know. On Saturday I got up and it was roasting, I looked at my guy options for clothing, the least I could wear was long trousers and a t-shirt. I could wear shorts, but guys can't look smart in shorts, I tried on a running top (Vest instead of t-shirt) no good; I looked like a wife beater. So long trousers and a t-shirt. Not even thin linen trousers; that looked like a hippy in Thailand.

Off I went, sweltering. What I wanted to wear, so really really wanted was a denim mini, strappy top and flip flops, I didn't even feel like dressing up, I just wanted to wear something more comfortable. Ho hum, still theres others have it worse, even if it is self inflicted.

We have a lot of Hasidic jews around us, I walked behind some off to worship, the girls looked great, smart but light summery clothes in pastel shades. The guys looked ridiculous, big furry hats, yes furry!! In summer!! White shirt, black waistcoat, heavy black coat (satin tho, approving nod) fastened up, trousers and white stockings (grudging approving nod) The poor kid was somewhat similar. Nutters! And they smell! Actually thats not just being nasty, the ones in the full gettup are soaking in sweat in summer.

But I digress, same in the office, a guy cannot wear shorts to the office and look anything more than a bum, a girl has a world of leg-exposing options, sigh it's just not fair. Ironic that girls clothes should be the most and the least comfortable to wear.

Sulking, wanna wear something floaty floaty to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shorts can be found that don't make one look like an overgrown surf fraggle or a refugee from a photospread by Caravaners Weekly.

It just takes a bit of research and patience or an old pair of cargo pants (or the like) and a needle and thread.

And the right footwear can give you more leeway as well.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Proof proof I demand! a picture please of you in the office looking smart in shorts.

I believe you tho on the needle and thread, you could make them into a skirt.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home