transvestite

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hello from the other side

Days without wine 148
Days without cigarettes hey come on

Whooaaaaa that's the wrong way round!!

Some interesting times of late, I had a friend over for a week to have a non-birthday, a rather significant birthday just passed and I have been freaking out royally over it. So much so that my plan was to sit at home with the blinds shut and try not to see daylight, thus pretending it wasn't happening.

It was not to be; some friends made me go and have fun. Anyway, non birthday first, Cat came over bearing rather large unwieldy gifts which were awesomely cool. A fab case to keep my wristwatch collection in and my first MAC makeup. The new MAC makeup lead to a damn near forcing me into girl mode because I had been being silly about doing the Gillian thing. So that was fun. Then I had this weekend in the uk with some rather fab friends drunking too much and dancing dangerously on top of a canal boat in between ramming the banks.

Massive overload on acceptance, everyone knew about me being a wierdo except one girl who got told about it so she knew. Boy gifts, girl gifts and a quite awesome cake featuring photos of me in boy and girl mode - thank you Jaye Adams. I was a little perturbed, Karen (dress donator extraordinairre) found photos of me just by googling for 'Gillian transvestite' thankfully Jaye gave her better ones. I guess I should stop being so protective about them, theres enough spread over t'internet.

So pressies, great food, great wine, great company and I am so looking forward to 2 weeks off the sauce because I feel like a fat Bhudda.

Did still have a bit of a freak out tho. On Sun night peeps headed off home except for Cat and I; I think that was a mistake, the effects of being 40, the fact that we went from hyper activity to just two of us meant I had a bit of a come down and got all reflective for a while, thanks to Cat for putting up with me. Probably my age but then we went round to look at the party dresses in Debenhams, so yayy. (do you know they are still selling the dress I bought for my first night out??)

More surprises when I got home, my friend Linds had posted me a pressie so there was yet more excitement, a beautiful lace trimmed chemise, I can't believe I have girlfriends who are so cool about this stuff, look how lucky I am, heres what I got
Necklace, bracelet, makeup, perfume, perfumed bath lotions and potions, Wide belt, hat, chemise, oh and furry handcuffs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic birthday!

Sounds like you got the friends you deserve. :)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 40th. Sounds like you had a brilliant time with some wonderful friends.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Happy birthday hon!

Was starting to worry as hadn't heard from you in a while. So glad you've been busy and having adventures.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home