transvestite

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thank you Mexx



This week I've been mostly obsessing over a Mac and I don't mean a computer. I just saw it by accident in Mexx and dared myself to go and try it on, so I did with all my German ready for 'it's for me is that ok?' well no one approached me in the shop so I just tried it on (I decided it was too tight) and left feeling like a wierdo as no one had spoken to me. So all week I've been dreaming about it it's been calling to me, so this morning I went off to Zurich to another Mexx store to look for the larger size. Heart beating strongly and too fast as I approached the store, from a combination of going to be open about wearing girls clothes and expecting to have to use my rubbish German. A lovely assistant bounded up and I asked for the size I wanted and she explained that it was unlikely there was that larger size but she grabbed the largest they had and asked if I wanted to try it on ( I don't know how she guessed so quick) so I asked her to confirm if I could try it on looking at her eyes for any reaction (I do that). Nothing, nada, zilch, no reaction nothing to indicate that any oddness was happening 'Of course' she said and held it for me to stick my arms in it, some humming and hawing and looking in a mirror and I decided to buy it.



What a lovely, lovely experience I was buzzing all the way home from that sort of acceptance. When I got home and tried it without the heavy jumper I was wearing and it was perfect, I love it I love it I love it.

I really really love it.

[Some hours pass]

I love it so much I had to get a piccie in it

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good story, needed a little bit more conflict in the middle though. Some obstacle for the main protagonist to overcome. Like being falsely identified as an international art thief or something. I mean, at the moment it's just "wanted mac, got mac, happy ending" it needs more drama!

;-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

This is real life woman! in the raw!, true stories of trannies shopping! ye can taste the grit!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

lol Becky

It looks lovely on you Gillian. Nice colour for you to wear!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great on you. :)

Is your hair longer, or is it my imagination?

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that story, I had a similar experience in Evans with a pair of size 9 knee high boots, I used the changing rooms but it was a complete break from cover and it left me floating on air for days after. I think you are right, it is the acceptance or the human contact that leaves an impression. Plenty of drama I feel.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Your imaginations longer Rachel :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Looks lovely Gillian, although I think you've over done it with the photo cropping! ;o)

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home