transvestite

Monday, March 17, 2008

Transapathy, it stops here

Too much apathy in the trannysphere just now, not enough flouncing about in girls clothes, it has to stop, now or as soon after now as is trannily possible. (ok I'm stretching the use of 'tranny' there a bit).

I had some horrible trannying the other night, I was sitting at home, veging 'wish I was being a girl tonight' I thought, but between me and the me I wanted to see in the mirror was a couple of hours of plastering and making good with my good friends Rimmel and MAC. So the solution was easy, go to it with the brushes and the lip gloss orrrr (and heres the clever bit) just avoid mirrors (taps side of nose with finger to indicate extreme cleverness). So it started easy enough, I just slipped a skirt on, my legs were shaved anyway so I didn't have to catch sight of non girly legs. Skirt led half an hour later to a top, a top didn't feel right without boobs, so on went a bra and boobies, then intoxicated by this feeling of feminine grace and beauty on went a wig and then it all went wrong. Concerned that my faux hair was sitting like a patient but rather scruffy cat atop my noggin I stole a glance at a mirror - Oh You Stupid Tranny!!!! I looked ridiculous, the fragile mental image that I had managed to construct came crashing down, from Sandra Bullock to Sundry Bollox in one short look.

I got really really embarassed and couldn't get everything off quickly enough, I think thats what a 'normal' (for values of normal) bloke would feel wearing girls clothes, silly, very very silly. Lesson learned.

However, like the song, the malaise remains the same sooooo I propse Flickr Tranny Day, I Gillian Stuart, being a transvestite of sound mind and sexy body (I made that bit up) do hereby commit to posting a picture on flickr of me wearing girls clothes on 29th March 2008, said pic to be taken anytime in the preceeding two weeks.

There! I've said it, now who else is up for it? get up off your arses and be men, get that slap on and get into that dress! are we trannies or are we err normal people. No excuses, no 'too busy' no 'too tired' no 'but I'm in prison'. Just do it!

19 Comments:

Blogger Pandora Caitiff said...

"Do, or do not. There is no try!" as a famous muppet once said.

I'm up for this. I need the impetus. And I've got an outfit or two I haven't worn yet.

9:53 AM  
Blogger FionaHeels said...

I find that I can never shake off the "Oh You Stupid Tranny!!!! I looked ridiculous, the fragile mental image that I had managed to construct came crashing down, from Sandra Bullock to Sundry Bollox in one short look.

I got really really embarassed and couldn't get everything off quickly enough, I think thats what a 'normal' (for values of normal) bloke would feel wearing girls clothes, silly, very very silly." feeling and so although I would love with all my heart to join in this fun I feel that my pre-misconceptions always haunt me...

I have plenty of outfits but no wigs or make up. Hmmmm, makes me wonder what sort of tranny I actually am? Not a very good one me thinks...

Now I am sad.

Fi.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pandora Caitiff said...

Fiona. The only person who can tell you what kind of tranny you are, is you.

If you don't want to do hair and makeup, do a neck-down shot, or take your picture in the mirror and hide your face behind the camera. Do whatever you are comfortable with, and dont feel pressured to do more if you dont want to.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

dont be sad Fiona, theres no *right* way to do this except whats right for you.

4:56 PM  
Blogger FionaHeels said...

Thanks girls for the kind words... I have decided to start my own blog... maybe that will straighten my thoughts and feelings out a bit...

http://fionaheels.blogspot.com/

5:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

On the grounds that I should be dressing at least twice between now and the 29th, I'll be up for this.

(Goes away to write blog post promoting it)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Penny M said...

It would be the 29th of March, wouldn't it? I going to get precisely ZERO privacy between then and now. I feel a nocturnal trannyfest coming on...

11:26 PM  
Blogger Lara Tyg said...

...oh and I had given it all up for lent as well.

Well I suppose if its for a greater cause (selfish satisfaction that is) I could force myself to join in

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, on account of I'm going out tomorrow night (if all the complicated plans come together) I do be up for it. :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Have checked my diary, and I'm out that night!

Well I bet that surprised you?

Thing is, what on earth am I going to do tonight though?

x

1:50 PM  
Blogger sophie h said...

Ill give it a go, providing I manage remember what it was I was trying to remember!? Erh....

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. I went off a week early! I'll hold some back for next week though.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

Great idea
But I haven't dressed as a woman for over a year now and I don't think it's going to change.
Good luck though!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Connie Cox said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Damn! Posted last week and forgot to hold back a decent one to post on Saturday. I *will* be dressing on Saturday, but probably won't be in a position to post the inevitable pics until Sunday. Does that count?

10:46 PM  
Blogger Chrissy J. said...

Can I join in this (earth-shattering, capital-letter deserving) Event?
Oh go ON, I'll wear a skirt and everything...

12:56 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

@Fiona / Go on then but late entrants need to be taken out side!

@Chrissy - 'course ya can, much like sexual partners- the more the merrier!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post about the Flickr Tranny Day last week, and was inspired to take advantage of the opportunity last Saturday to spend a few hours dressed, trying on some newly purchased outfits, and of course getting some photos. I will load the best couple tomorrow.

I have been fortunate enough to have had a few opportunities recently where Rosi has been able to be herself and have already loaded some photos to my Flickr page and still have a few more to go. I'm fairly sure that life will revert to a more male dominated place for some time to come so your day and these other opportunities will give me plenty of good memories to look back on for a while.

Love and best wishes,
Rosi. XXX

2:29 PM  
Blogger Chrissy J. said...

*heh heh heh*
got mine posted FIRST!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home